Sunday, July 21, 2013

Multnomah Falls - To The Top


We often stop to see Multnomah Falls on our way through the Columbia River Gorge. However, we are usually in a hurry to get somewhere and don't take the time to climb to the top. This time we had no schedule. We made the climb. Beautiful. Tough on the legs.

Ellie on the landing over the falls. 

We stopped to play in the riffles above the falls.

The Five of Us. Tired legs. Happy hearts.

Looking over the falls. Makes my tummy a little queezy.


Ellie was our photographer for this hike.
Quotes Heard:
-Wow!
-Oooh. I'm worried that person isn't going to make it.
-Ohhhh!  My legs.
-Twelve. More. Switchbacks. To. Go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures!! I remember our family making this climb & taking these pictures. Do you, Paul? It was a Long time ago. I couldn't do it now!!!

Unknown said...

I vaguely remembered the trail but I couldn't place it. I've stopped at Multnomah Falls so many times but I didn't remember going up all the way. I have run a lot of trails and they all tend to blend together over time.