Friday, December 23, 2005

Paul's Highlights 2005


Photonotes: The picture at right was drawn by Hannah after watching "March of the Penguins." Below is a typical evening dogpile.

School:
I am in my second year as a principal at a rural middle school. The learning curve is still pretty steep and the workload is sometimes overwhelming. Fortunately, I am working with good people. I often come home exhausted after working long days. I wish that I got more time to work with kids and I wish that there was more of me left when I got home.

Home:
One of the highlights of my day is coming home to spend the evening with Heather and the girls. We all pile onto the couch upstairs for our night-time stories. Heather usually brings home an apple crate or more full of library books each week. One of our current favorites is the Junie B. Jones series. She is a very mischievous kindergarten/1st grader. This year we Hannah, Katie, and I finished the whole Narnia series together. It was a neat experience. I really saw it from a different perspective.

It is nice to be in a house that doesn't require a ton of projects to keep it functional.

No comments: